On another note, Matthew is missing his MawMaw these days. She's been sick with pneumonia and unable to keep him so I took off a day and Grandad and Granna swapped around some days so he would be taken care of. Get well soon MawMaw...we miss you.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Back to Our Normal Routine
We're back to our normal routine these days. Tyler is back at school and enjoying playing with his school friends again. Each week they learn a different letter of the alphabet. Each child has an assigned share day and on that day they can bring an item that begins with the letter they are learning that week. Last week they learned about the letter N. We thought and thought all week long about what Tyler could take for share and we never really came up with anything that satisfied Tyler (notebook, nickel, nose or neck of a stuffed animal). When we were coming home from school on Wednesday, the day before Tyler's share day, he said he wanted to take a picture of the birds nest in the tree in our front yard and take the picture to school. I agreed but then started thinking that the nest was not in use because it is too cold for birds to live there right now so I climbed the tree and took the nest down from the tree. Actually I took a folding chair out in the yard and stood in the folding chair to get the nest but climbing the tree sounds so much better! Tyler was so excited! He jumped out of bed on Thursday morning ready to go to school to share his bird nest.
Matthew is still hanging out at home these days and getting into everything. He is all over the place and seems to crawl faster each day. He is cruising along the furniture so I know it's only a matter of time before he'll be walking. His favorite items to go after when he thinks no one is looking are the remote controls, phones, and any kind of electrical cord. Safe, huh? One of his newest, more dangerous tricks is standing up in the bathtub. He thinks it is so funny when Jason or I tell him to sit down. Hopefully the meaning of the word no will sink in soon. I forgot how busy this stage can be but I'm trying to savor every minute of it!

On another note, Matthew is missing his MawMaw these days. She's been sick with pneumonia and unable to keep him so I took off a day and Grandad and Granna swapped around some days so he would be taken care of. Get well soon MawMaw...we miss you.
On another note, Matthew is missing his MawMaw these days. She's been sick with pneumonia and unable to keep him so I took off a day and Grandad and Granna swapped around some days so he would be taken care of. Get well soon MawMaw...we miss you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment