Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summer Reading

Before I begin let me just say that Tyler is about to go get his haircut...it is SO long! Tyler, Matthew, and I made our first trip of the summer to the public library today to register for the summer reading program. I must say that I was very impressed with my little boy's library behavior. Last summer he was all over the place in the library running, talking loudly, and pulling books off of the shelf. Today, he was an angel! After we registered him for the summer program, he took a few books to a table, sat down, and looked at the books while I located more that I think he'd like. I wish I had my camera inside to take a picture of my sweet boy sitting at the small table looking at books. He looked so grown up! He was excited about checking out books and checked out 10 today which he wanted to carry all by himself! We looked at picture books and checked out some Clifford and Arthur books but his favorite was the nonfiction section. He checked out a few books on animals (elephants, tigers, and dolphins) and then one book about trains. I have a feeling these 10 books won't last us through the week before we're back for more.
This post may be quite amusing to some of you, especially my mom, dad, and sister, because when I was younger I HATED to read. I'm not sure why I hated it. Maybe it was because I would rather have been playing outside than sitting down reading a book. If I only knew then what I know now! I actually enjoy reading fiction novels now when I have time, mainly during the summer. In less than a week, I've just finished Emily Giffin's Baby Proof . I read her other two books last summer and enjoyed them as well. What is everyone else reading this summer? I need some good recommendations for my next book!

5 comments:

Micheal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Micheal said...

Read anything by Karen Kingsbury. You will love it!

Lauren said...

I will definitely look for the Redemption series you were telling me about. The book I just finished isn't quite as wholesome...reminds me of the equivalent of a Matthew McConaughy / Kate Hudson chick flick!

Anonymous said...

"This post may be quite amusing to some of you, especially my mom, dad, and sister, because when I was younger I HATED to read." I can vouch for this statement. However I think I have your original library card somewhere.

Lauren said...

I've finished Book #1 of the Redepmtion series and am on Book #2. Wonderful books! Thanks for the books Micheal!