Tyler is saying goodbye to 3 with a bang! The past few weeks or so, he went through a time period of constant fit pitching. Last Sunday, after we picked him up from his classroom at church and the teacher told us to try decaff next Sunday, we cut way back on his sugar intake! With football season and being gone most weekends, we realized just how much sugar he was eating. I prayed the sugar thing would work and, so far, it's been a success! He can have one "sugar item" per day and he's very choosy with what he eats. He loves peppermints so I told him he could have one after lunch today at a restaurant. He told me didn't want it because he was saving his sugar for a piece of candy at home. At least he's learning! We also started another sticker chart for good behavior. After 7 stickers, he earns a quarter from Daddy. He wanted an Alabama football sticker chart, so, as you can see, that's what he got! I just pray it continues working!
Future Football Players???Matthew turned 8 months old last Monday. He is in the process of cutting his top two front teeth. The child cannot cut one tooth at a time! So far, he has 4 teeth. He is trying to figure out how to move around. This afternoon, I sat him on the floor with some toys and he managed to scoot on his bottom a few feet to reach Tyler's toys on the shelf. I have been dreading the day Matthew becomes mobile because Tyler has so many toys with small pieces and they have to be out of Matthew's reach. After Matthew's scooting maneuver today, I spent the rest of the afternoon putting up baby gear, rearranging toys, and moving toys with small pieces to Tyler's room. It was time well spent because we made room for Tyler's birthday toys, too! Although Matthew continues to be a very laid back baby, I have a feeling he'll be crawling in the next few weeks. He wants his toys!
Look for another post soon about Tyler's birthday party this weekend. He had a blast! Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment